The Prime Minister has today announced a comprehensive 4-step plan to relax lockdown restrictions. Each step will take place 5 weeks apart, and is subject to the medical data at the time. However, should cases and hospitalisations continue to fall on the current trajectory, it is envisioned that by 21st June, there should no longer be any restrictions on social interaction or life events.
Each step is as follows:
- Stay at Home.
- Schools and colleges open for all students and practical education courses.
- Can meet outside with one other person outside.
- Funerals with up to 30 people, wakes and weddings with 6 people to be allowed.
- Rule of 6 or two households can meet outdoors.
- Outdoor sport and leisure reopened.
- Organised sport allowed.
- Outdoor parent & child groups of up to 15 parents.
STEP TWO - 12th April
- All retail will reopen.
- Gyms and indoor leisure to reopen.
- Zoos, theme parks and outdoor attractions to reopen.
- Libraries and community centres.
- Personal care, including hairdressers.
- Outdoor hospitality.
- Wakes, wedding and receptions increased to 15 attendees.
STEP THREE - 17th May
- 30 person limit outdoors.
- Rule of 6 or two households inside.
- Organised indoor sport.
- Hotels and domestic overnight stays.
- Indoor entertainment and attractions.
- Pilot of large events of up to 10,000 people.
STEP FOUR - 21st June
- No legal limits on social contact.
- Nightclubs reopen.
- Larger events.
- No legal limit on all life events.
You can read the recovery roadmap in full below.