The New Towns All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) held its first roundtable discussion today, at Parliament, on the subject of: ‘providing high quality homes in New Towns – now and in the future’.
Chaired by Telford MP, Lucy Allan, discussion centred on:
- Estate regeneration
- Procurement of land and management of housing
- Mixed communities
- The importance of place-making
- And ensuring development is sustainable and innovative.
Attendees at today’s event included: Nicola Lowery, Ironbridge councillor and Telford and Wrekin shadow cabinet member for planning and tourism; Scott Logan, Managing Director of Basildon Council; Steve Wood, chief executive of the NHBC; Kate Henderson, chief executive of the TCPA; Mary Parsons, chair of the TCPA and group director of place making and regeneration at Places for People; and Lindsey Richards Head of Planning at Homes England.
The APPG's forthcoming schedule is noted below:
- 11 July: Parliamentary Roundtable 2: Healthy New Towns –improving the health and wellbeing of New Town residents
- 7 November: Parliamentary Roundtable 3: Unlocking skills, innovation and enterprise in New Towns
You can also follow the New Towns APPG on Twitter @NewTownsAPPG