Today, Lucy Allan MP was informed by Telford & Wrekin Council that a new round of discretionary grant allocations will now begin for businesses who have not received funding to date.
The grant funding will be available for businesses that have not received grants but may fall into one of the following categories:
- Small businesses in shared offices.
- Regular market traders.
- Small charitable properties.
- Children’s nurseries.
- Small manufacturing properties with a rateable value under £25,000.
- Small businesses with 2 or more premises in the borough where the highest rateable value is £15,000.
Additionally, businesses that fall into the following categories will now be considered:
- Locally run businesses (ie: within the borough)
- Those who have experienced a significant loss in income as a result of COVID-19
- Those with fixed property costs (rent or mortgage payments)
- Where the ratepayer operates from the business (ie: they are not a landlord / owner of premises)
- Trading as of 11/03/2020
- Not in liquidation or administration
- They are not:
- Entitled to another grant (ie: Small Business Grant)
- A national company
- Have empty premises
- Land used for storage.
As part of the first phase, in the region of £450,000 will be awarded to local businesses within the next few days.
If you think your business may fall into one of these categories, or your applications for grant funding have not been successful, you should contact Telford & Wrekin Council for further information as soon as possible. You can read more on Telford & Wrekin's website at: https://www.telford.gov.uk/info/20704/support_for_businesses_and_employers
The application process will close at 12pm Friday 19 June. This scheme may closer earlier if demand exceeds the funding available, and grants will be offered on a first come, first served basis.