Following her regular meeting with the local vaccination team and Health CEOs, Lucy Allan MP has been informed that:
- 42% of 40-49 age group have now been vaccinated in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin. We are on target to complete that category by early May, and invitation letters are still being sent out to those in this group.
- During April and May, the focus is on delivering second doses for the over 50s.
- The supply of vaccine doses has been as expected in April, with supply expected to increase in May.
- Only 5% of the over 50s have not yet been not vaccinated with first dose.
- 64% of the entire adult population of Telford have now received their jab.
Lucy Allan MP said:
"The latest progress update shows that Telford is leading the way across the country in terms of vaccinations. Please attend your appointment on day it is scheduled and please attend your second dose appointment - it is very important not to waste any doses so they can be given to as many people as possible."